Science Week 1
1. Take a walk outside. Explain there’re living and non-living things around us. Pick things up along the way.
2. Living things need food, water and air and they reproduce. They move (trees and alike move when growing)
3. Jotted in science journal the findings.
How can you tell if something is living or non-living?
What are some things that all living things have in common?
and write them out and discuss one by one. Take an example that most likely have them all.
Notes: Tricky one, tree, seeds, eggs, apple.
Sorting with cards and figurines.
Have them cutout pictures, color and paste.
Make a chart.
– Does it move all by itself?
– Does it grown and change?
– Does it breathe?
– Does it need food, water and air to survive?
– Does it reproduce?
Great blogpost and information on classifications at Moosehuntress
A science mini unit: Living and Non-Living by Kindergarten… Kindergarten
Montessori Introduction to Living and Non-Living by Gift of Curisosity
Additional cards at Homemade Montessory