Ianya berkait rapat dengan Human Needs & Tendencies. Bila dapat kenalpasti keperluan dan kecenderungan ni dapat bantu perkembangan anak-anak.
- Ruang untuk pergerakan yang cukup. Macam sekarang dalam rumah ada ruang yang cukup untuk mereka berlari, berbasikal. Tak banyak barang. Kurang barang kaca.
- Exploration is an inclination to investigate, inquire, find out and look around.
- Yang ni mungkin lack. Mungkin boleh bila buat monthly theme ke buat satu sudut untuk mereka boleh explore. Tetapi kadang-kadang mereka request untuk apa-apa I gladly gave them too.
- Human beings are naturally curious. Through exploration and investigation they learn from their discoveries.
- Exploration is how Montessori children are taught to view the world. To experience the world through the five senses is much more powerful than just to read a book or listen to a lecture. Teachers must be very aware of providing ways for the real world to be explored both inside and outside the classroom.
- This is the ability to find one’s way and to situate oneself physically, emotionally, intellectually, socially.
- People want to know their place in the world. They want to know how the people and things in it compare to themselves, to understand where they fit in.
- To thrive children must orient themselves in their environment. Children must know where they are and how to negotiate that space physical and socially. Consistency and explanation are key ways for children to orient themselves in the six to nine classroom. A child must be orientated before he may fully explore.
- Chaos and confusion are unsettling. Therefore humans try to find patterns and classification systems so that they can make sense of the world.
- The human mind strives for a logical processing of information. This clarity is found in order. In the six to nine classroom, this order is no longer expressed by outward precision as often as it was in younger stages of development. At this plane of development, order has moved inward, and the child is developing a sense of internal order. Although the child may begin to seem not to care about rugs, shelves, and an ordered classroom, he has internalized the order and has moved it into a more intellectual process whereby he classifies, logically observes, and reviews information much more in his mind. Order is essential to proper orientation.
- There is a natural desire to communicate. Regardless of the culture or time period, human beings have shared experiences and exchanged information.
- Communication makes it possible for us to live in a society. Expression of needs and reactions to others is made possible through communication. Instruction and explanation are received through communication. Proper communication allows for the mind to more fully explore the world, intellectually and socially.
- Throughout history humans have shown the ability and willingness to work and strive for not only survival, but improvement in life.
- Having a purpose in an activity encourages children to work. Work brings great joy when it is voluntary and allows for mastery.
- Active involvement with the surrounding environment allows people to learn and further their self-development.
- Humans perceive when things don’t fit together. When this happens, they adjust, refine, and improve.
- Exactitude allows children to know how to know when perfection is achieved. Through the tendency of exactness, the logical processing of information has allowed man to reach many scientific planes. Children use the tendency of exactitude at a young age to know through physical exploration whether or not they have reached perfection. As children reach the six to nine classroom, the lessons of deep physical exploration have encouraged the children to have an innate awareness of perfection.
- The drive to repeat tasks until mastery reflects the human tendency to reach for perfection. Children who are allowed to repeat until mastery is achieved are joyful people. Internal satisfaction through completing internally set goals is much more satisfying than completing a task assigned to you. This is not a perfectionism that crushes creativity and joy, but the deep satisfaction of a job well done.
- All humans learn through practice. This repetition allows them to reach closer to perfection.
- Mastery of tasks requires repetition. Humanity has a drive to do something over and over until we gain control over the task. Dr. Montessori encouraged children to repeat items as often as desired. The child’s repetition was complete when she decided that she was finished. This produces within the child the ability for powerful concentration.
- There is a connection between learning and doing. Humans work with their hands to establish the connection between their mind and their hands.
- Abstraction & Creativity
- Humans have an ability to draw conclusions, conceptualize, synthesize & imagine from experiences in the real world. They can imagine that which does not exist, and can think beyond the concrete and real.Self-perfection: Healthy human beings have a natural desire to improve. They find satisfaction in their own personal growth and want to perfect themselves.
- The power to abstract ideas into other situations is beginning to bloom in the six to nine classroom. This ability is developed by concrete experiences that provide a framework to build the ability of abstraction. This ability is often forced in traditional classrooms at a young age. Dr. Montessori observed that provided enough concrete experiences children will naturally abstract very complex ideas with deep and thorough understanding.
- Self Discipline
- Self-discipline is the ability to anticipate the future and sacrifice to achieve a goal beyond the moment. This act of the will allows the child to order his world. Choices and consequences aid in the creation of self-control.
Pernah dengar tak Teori Hierarki Keperluan Manusia Maslow?
Well, recent read at howwemontessori, What is it that my children need? got me thinking about mine as well.
Jadi buat bacaan tentang ni dan memang ada pakar dan pengkaji early childhood kaitkan teori ni dengan perkembangan awal kanak-kanak.
Untuk refresh semula, Teori Hierarki Keperluan Maslow cartanya macam ni.
Bila satu keperluan dicapai, keperluan yang seterusnya akan menjadi satu keperluan atau keutamaan seterusnya. Setiap individu akan memastikan tahap keperluan terendah dipenuhi terlebih dahulu sebelum berusaha untuk memenuhi keperluan tahap yang lebih tinggi.
Jadi, apa yang diperlukan oleh anak-anak baytzuhr?
- Makanan bernutrisi
- Yang ni perlu sangat banyak improve
- Rehat yang cukup.
- Haris especially
- Perlu mula semula, regularly make it as part of routine
- Tidur yang cukup
- Sleep early!!!!
- Establish routine. Kurangkan changes.
- Environment dalam rumah most of it rasanya dah tercapai.
- Still need to go through dan bincang apa perlu buat kalau jadi apa-apa. Cari beberapa situasi dan bincangkan. Contoh, jika ada orang pegang, ingat nombor telefon dan rumah, terpisah di luar, emergency di rumah dsb. Cyber safety.
- Beritahu what we and they’ll be expecting if something out of routine or order.
- Free space to move
*predictable barulah kana-kanak rasa selamat dan secure
- My time/My attention/ My energy
- Real life experiences
- Purposeful activity
- Self Esteem, Confidence – they can be successful, they can make choices, they can achieve. (Aktiviti-aktiviti Montessori semuanya purposeful, control of error. She encourage buat aktiviti yang dia boleh buat.
- Support whatever their interests are
- Makanan bernutrisi